Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beauty, Laughter, Love

My little angel makes my life so rich.  I can spend an entire day doing nothing but watching him.  I marvel as he uses his every sense to satisfy his intense curiosity in every single ingredient that makes up his world.  By looking at the world through the eyes of a 14 month old toddler, I'm reminded of how beautiful even the simplest things can be.  I love watching his facial expressions as he tastes different foods and experiments with the different textures in his mouth, in his hands, spread all over the table or rubbed through his hair.  I love watching his little nose wrinkle and his lips purse as he sniffs loudly at a flower he's buried his little face into.  I love watching his deep concentration as he manipulates and tests the relationship between household objects.  Does the telephone charger plug into the electrical socket?  How does this rock need to be positioned to fit into this bottle?  If my wooden xylophone is put on its side and I stand on it, can I reach the apple on the kitchen counter?   Where is the button that opens Baba's shaver to reveal the batteries?

If it wasn't for Kaya, during this past week, I wouldn't have noticed a train of hairy caterpillars emerging from under a bush.  I wouldn't have felt that wonderful warm spring breeze caress my face as I watched Kaya collect rocks to throw into a hole he found in the garden.  I wouldn't have found that giant ball of fluff hidden under the lounge chair.  I wouldn't have noticed the little bird pecking for worms under the park bench.  I wouldn't have paid attention to the dust fairies dancing in the sunlight streaming through the bedroom window.  And I wouldn't have discovered that after offering him just a couple of cloves of roasted garlic, the smell of Kaya's 'garlicy' pee would permeate our whole house for several hours the next morning.

And I'm sure if Kaya wasn't in my life I wouldn't laugh anywhere near as often as I laugh these days.  Kaya loves to dance.  He's not fussy about the kind of music playing.  If it has a beat, for him, it's dance music!  He's so funny and so adorable to watch.  I don't know where he learns his dance moves.  Neither his father nor I dance the way he does and he doesn't watch TV.  I guess he just feels the music and his body does the rest.  He generally starts with a little bit of a bounce and then he raises one hand up in the air in front of him while he bobs up and down.  He'll often incorporate a little twist where he simultaneously bounces up and down, twists his torso and rolls his hips.  Sometimes he'll crouch down low and bounce with his little bottom sticking out behind him.  And lately he'll throw in a few spins.  Even though he'll put on a dance show several times a day, his moves never fail to make my whole body smile!

So many other things he does make me laugh too.  For instance, some of the sounds he makes are so funny.  His favourite word lately sounds like "Abu Dhabi"..  He says it so often we're convinced that perhaps this should be our next holiday destination.  He also likes to hum tunes that combine a very low pitch with a very high pitch.  When he hums the highest pitch, he raises his little eyebrows and opens his eyes wide.  It always makes me laugh.  He loves playing chasey and laughs hysterically when I come after him.  That of course makes me laugh too.  Oh and his fascination with toes!  Wiggling my toes makes him giggle uncontrollably and then for some reason he's drawn to bite them.  Since my feet are so ticklish, feeling his little hands grab my toes as he tries to get them into my mouth, gets me giggling uncontrollably too!

How I love my little boy.   While giving birth to Kaya I gave birth to my own heart.  My heart no longer resides in my chest, my heart was reborn in Kaya.  I feel this to be true especially when I hold him to my breast and watch his beautiful eyes flutter closed in absolute contentment in his 'milk time'.  I feel butterflies in my tummy every single time I nurse him.  I feel my heart beating in his little body.  I feel a love so overwhelming I can't feel anything else.  This little gift of heaven, my little angel, is my heart, my love, my everything.  I am so blessed.

1 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply]

Oh wow, Colette, this is SOOOOO beautiful! I'm sitting on the turquoise couch in our lounge room, the rain is dripping dropping singing from the sky outside...and my whole body is curled up in front of the computer screen, to see and read and take all of it in...your beautiful words that make my heart and inside laugh and smile. Appreciate the beauty of life! You've done such a wonderful job with making up this blogg! I love the way you write and describe...as it reminds me what life is about :) smiling, laughing, dancing
Arlo is an amazing boy of about 4.5 months now and makes me very happy too! The more he laughs and smiles, interacts and grabs stuff, listens and 'comments'...the more my love seems to grow..as he's such a big personality already and it's sooo much fun to get to know this little persona more and more every day.

I hope you're well, don't feel too stuck out there in the cornfields..though I understand the feeling this can sometimes cause!..and I urge you to continue your beautiful bloggs, the mission to not give up with your sewing machine saga (I'd love to sew again too, but I find I just don't get enough time for it - yet ;) ). When are you thinking of coming back to OZ? to live or just a holiday? Jono, Arlo and I are going to go to Europe for 10 wks from the end of June on. After our return to OZ we want to move back down to the Sunny Coast. We'll see what happens!
Ah yeah, I don't know if this helps, but on www.weebly.com you can create your own webpage for free, without any skills with java script etc...pretty easy. Check it out.

Colette, I think it's always awesome to read from you, and I send you big hugs from the rainy wet season in Cairns! Lotsa love xxxx Sand and Arlo