Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More than 1 & 1/2 years later ...

It's finally working! The sewing machine, that is. After receiving the desperately needed parts from my brother when we met up in Australia a couple of months ago, we took the machine to several machine mechanics to replace the parts. Of course, owing to my luck when it comes to this bloody sewing machine (you might remember this, this and this post about my sewing machine frustrations), none of the mechanics seemed to have any idea whatsoever and we ended up with a machine with brand new parts that still did not work!!!  Finally Murat decided he'd had enough and decided to have a go at fixing it himself. It took him approximately 10 minutes and it was done! Fixed! Just like that! Whoop Whoop!

That was back in February, then we moved, and it was only today that I nervously unpacked the machine and decided to actually start a project for the first time.

As I was plugging it in and turning it on, I half expected the thing to blow up or disintegrate or dissolve into a puddle of shiny slime. But none of that happened. It was still working!

So I had the idea to do something about a hole in one of Ky's t-shirts. A sneaky applique cover-up. Not such a difficult project to ease the machine into. For me it was simply a matter of drawing a shape onto paper, cutting it out, pinning it to some material, cutting that out, pinning it to the holey t-shirt and putting it under the foot of the sewing machine. It was then the machine's job to stitch the fabric to the t-shirt...


It's a guitar ...

A bit crooked but let's all pretend it's meant to look like that.

A close up of the skillful work of my beautiful machine


These are the holes I covered, a result of an overzealous grandmother's stain removal attempts...

Ky's latest "smile!" pose

It turned out great! I'm so happy that I have a working machine. I have about ten thousand projects in my ideas box that need fruition.

0 comments: