Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

A Work in Progress: Crocheted Wool Blanket

Last year I learned to crochet.

I started my crochet schooling by looking at a couple of tutorials online, and whipped up a couple of balls of yarn worth of granny squares.  It was fun!  I still haven't decided what to do with said squares yet though....  Anyway, I told my mum how much I enjoyed crocheting those pretty granny squares and she subscribed to 'The Art of Crochet' for me.  As well as heaps of patterns for various clothing and household things, each weekly edition also comes with a ball of yarn and instructions for completing a single crochet square using different techniques, with the eventual aim being to complete a huge and very cute baby blanket!  I picked up the first 20 editions while I was in Australia and diligently crocheted the 20 squares.  I can't believe how much fun I had learning the various stitches.  What a nerd!

Anyway, while waiting to return to Australia at the end of the year to collect the rest of the magazines, I've been making a blanket!  I'm definitely not the quickest crocheter in the world and this blanket has been occupying most of my evenings after putting the babe to sleep.

It's almost done and here's how it's looking so far:

0 comments: