Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Love McDonalds!



I realised today that I love McDonalds.  No matter where I am in the world, I can rely on there being a Maccas nearby.  They're always clean.  They're always the same.  I know exactly what to expect when I walk inside.

Those people who know me best will be very confused by this post.  Afterall, it's been about 20 years since I've consumed anything from McDonalds.  Just the smell of the place makes me feel ill....  My friends and family will also know that I despise the way "evil empires" like McDonalds, Starbucks, Monsanto etc., monopolize the market and force small businesses out of operation.  I'm also not impressed with their advertising tactics.  In fact there are many many reasons why my family and friends would be surprised by the title of this blog post.

So let me explain why I love McDonalds.

It's very simple - the toilets!

I don't have to pay 50 kurus to precariously squat above a stinky hole in the ground public toilet, while trying to hold the cuffs of my pants up out of the puddles of dirty water and pee splatters, all the while hoping one of the fat flies buzzing around the hole doesn't land on my lady-bits!

Instead I can take a deep breath (remember how much the smell gets to me?), stroll into a McDonalds and use the facilities in comfort.  They even have toilet paper!

3 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Agreed!!! Always the place to go when traveling.

Tam.

Anonymous said... [Reply]

Oh and if you can't feel comfortable when you take a wee, the whole trip is ruined.

Tam :)

Unknown said... [Reply]

this is so funny. i despise them, but man, when travelling i've bit the bullet and relished their clean toilets. lol